Snake ate its own bed
Σάββατο, 05 Αύγ 2006 @ 18:00
Περίεργα : Νέα και Περίεργα
Vets operated to save the life of a 12ft python - after it swallowed an entire electric blanket, along with the electrical chord and control box.
Houdini, a Burmese python, usually slept on the blanket at home in Ketchum, Idaho.
But owner Karl Beznoska believes it must have become entangled in the 60lb snake's rabbit dinner - and ended up in its stomach.
Mr Beznoska said: "Somehow, he was able to unplug the electric chord.
"He at least wasn't hooked up to the power. It might have been pretty warm there."
Vet Karsten Fostvedt conducted a two-hour operation on the python and said afterwards: "The prognosis is great."
Mr Fostvedt said specialists at the University of California-Davis School of Veterinary Medicine told him it probably would have taken Houdini six hours to swallow the blanket.
The snake probably would have died without the operation, he said.
X-rays showed the tangle of the blanket's wiring extending through about 8ft of the python's digestive tract. The surgery to remove it took an 18-inch incision.
Για να δημιουργήσετε έναν σύνδεσμο σε αυτό το άρθρο και να το αναφέρετε / εμφανίσετε στο δικό σας blog/ιστολόγιο, website, άρθρο ή όπου αλλού θέλετε, μπορείτε να κάνετε copy & paste τον παρακάτω HTML κώδικα:
Θα εμφανίζεται ως εξής: Snake ate its own bed